The Department is committed to meet the technical needs of the members, to embrace change and equip members to adapt to the evolving and expanding professional requirements. The Department supports the standard setting process, raises voice for the members benefit, development and delivery of insightful and value-added guides, and shares perspective with regulators and international standard developers.
The Department is mainly responsible for :
- Review and adoption of international accounting and auditing standards;
- Development of local standards and technical releases;
- Development of Accounting Standards for Islamic Financing and Investment;
- Preparation of draft proposals for Finance Bill and Corporate Laws;
- Response to the queries of members and other agencies
The above support is implemented through the following :
Accounting Standards Board
- Auditing Standards & Ethics Committee
- Committee on Fiscal Laws
- Public Sector Committee
- Economic Advisory & Government Relationship Committee
The above are composed of Chartered Accountants in public practice and industry and also eminent learned persons from public life.